The Identacor Application Catalog includes over 2500+ Cloud applications. By enabling single sign-on (SSO), Identacor offers secure access management for almost all popular Web and Cloud applications (apps) available. However, if your desired application is not on our list, you can use the Form POST method to add a new app to your Identacor Dashboard. Adding a new application using the Form POST method is easy. You can simply configure the parameters and values from an application login page, and Identacor will “post” your user credentials to the login page automatically.
TIP: Use SAML whenever you can. SAML is the industry standard, eliminates passwords, and applications with no passwords are nearly impossible to hack. If SAML is not available, then Identacor offers the Form POST app to securely pass credentials.
The process is detailed below.
Step 1: Add the Form POST application
The first step is to add the Form POST application to your Identacor Dashboard.
- Go to the Applications tab.
- Select Custom Apps.
- Click Add next to the form application under the Action column.
After the Form POST Application is added to the Dashboard, input the details of the application.
- Go to the SSO tab.
- Add the following details for each section of the General Settings section:
- Application Name
- Upload Logo
- Display Application on App Portal (checkmark for the app logo to appear)
Step 3: Enter FORM Post Properties
Add the Form POST properties for the application.
FormPOST Properties include:
- Form Method
Form Post Parameters include:
- Attribute List
This is where we encourage app users or administrators to input Form POST properties and parameters manually. If these terms are not clear, go to the next step for a more comprehensive view.
Step 4(a): Get Form Post Data Using Chrome Browser
Step 4(a): Get Form POST Data Using Chrome Browser
- Now here is the tricky part, accessing the Form field’s source code. No need for worry! Just follow our step-by-step guide and you will be up and running in no time!Open the Login page for the Website in a Chrome browser.
- Right-clicks on the Form and select Inspect Element.
- Detailed Developer Tools appear at the bottom of the page with the source code of the Form POST app.
Alternatively, you can use the shortcut CTRL+ALT+I to open up a new window with the page source code.
Follow these steps to obtain the Form POST URL and parameters:
- Enter your username and password.
- Go to the Network tab.
- Enter any arbitrary username and password.
- Click Sign In. (The purpose is to let the form process data without successful login.)
After the process is complete, you will find the required data in the source code area.
Save the required data for the Form POST App as follows:
- Log in to the application.
- You will receive the required data to fill in the form.
- Click Index next to POST under Name (Path).
After log in, you will see the results as in the image above. The POST method is the process of filling in the form with given data. This is what we need; click Index in the column to the left.
Now, we will retrieve the Form data. The required data is highlighted in the Form below. Copy and paste this data to your Identacor Form POST app.
The highlighted data shown in the form below is required. Copy and paste this data to your Identacor Form Post app.
Step 4(b): Get Form Post Data Using FireFox Browser
If Firefox is your favorite browser, you can use that to retrieve the data. This is similar to Step 4(a) for Chrome. Right-click on the Form and select Inspect Element.
You are done. Save your changes!
Select the desired Authentication Settings
- Set by User: User sets username and password
- Set by Administrator: Administrator sets username, user sets password
- Shared Credentials: Users share a single username and password set by administrator
Save your changes.
To complete the process, simply assign a user to the application. You can also navigate back to your Application Portal page, click on the tile link, and you will be instantly logged in.
|Next Lesson||How to Assign Users To A Form POST Application?|